When I first saw some projects of Mammu, I could not imagine a kind of social idea behind it… was it to professionally made or am I not creative enough? Anyway, Mammu is a high quality fashion label and works with atypical artists and designers to create unique and ever-changing collections. It was founded by Fionn Dobbin, who gave an interesting talk at our last event in November: TEDxVienna Salon on Social Business. Check out a cool MAMMU project shot by Māris Ločmelis:
What is Mammu all about?
Mammu was inspired by Prof. Yunus’ idea of Social Business and, hence, is a social business fashion company that works according to Grameen principles. It is cause-driven rather than profit-driven and aims to create social benefits for mothers. Here a list of their core values:
- Our business objective is to overcome poverty, or problems which threaten people and society; not profit maximization.
- We aim for financial and economic sustainability; not charity.
- Investors only get back their investment amount. No dividend is given beyond investment money.
- When investment amount is paid back, company profit stays with the company for expansion and improvement.
- Company is environmentally conscious.
- Workforce gets market wage with better working conditions.
- … We do it with joy.
Social Business Talks going online
This week we will upload all the talks of the TEDxVienna Salon on Social Business including the talk of the founder of Mammu: so stay tuned and check out the Mammu website, some projects or their fancy tumblr.